Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Noah's Accomplishments

Since my last posting was about Noah's goals and our concerns I think it's important to share also his many recent accomplishments. They seem to be coming along quickly for him in the last 2 months.

On July 3rd he waved good-bye to his Daddy. He has since consistently waved "bye-bye" which counts as another sign for him.

On July 6th Noah decided that yes, a spoon is easier than fingers to eat yogurt. He now will use a spoon for clingy food.

On July 26th with Geoff asking him to say "DaDa" Noah said "du, du". He will do it whenever Geoff asks him to say "DaDa" and two days ago when Geoff got home he said "du, du" looking at him without any prompting. When I ask for "MaMa" I get "ah, ah". It is so wonderful that he is now imitating more vowel consonant sounds instead of just raspberries.

On August 7th with a Hersey bar providing motivation he signed the word "eat". I have been trying to get him to sign "eat" for 2 years! Yesterday he signed it to me without prompting, and then I let him eat a whole roll of Ritz crackers to reinforce it!

Noah also has played side by side with peers for the last few weeks with little hitting or other inappropriately aggressive play. The neighbor girl, Katie is very relieved. I think the neighbor boy, Paul might have liked a wrestling partner though!

So, as we are getting ready to head off to the hospital to see if we can't figure out these scary seizures I think it's important to remember how far Noah has come and that he has accomplished so much. --Amy

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news,Amy. Sounds like he is making progress, slowly but surely.Wish you all the best of luck at the hospital. Love you, Grammy

    ReplyDelete