Friday, January 29, 2010

Even Before Our Rough Night Last Night. . .

Even before our rough night last night my friend Nicole sent me a text. She wanted me to approve a FaceBook posting about the half marathon she is planning to run in April and what her plan was for the run. Nicole wanted to get sponsors for her run to raise money for our Noah's Noggin team on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation NW. Here is her FaceBook post:

Nicole Odom To Friends and Family:
As many of you know, I am starting to train for a half marathon and have decided to run for a good friend's son- Noah. As hard as it is for me to run, I know the struggles that they live with everyday (including a trip to the ER last night). I would love to raise money for the epilepsy foundation ...though their Team Noah's Noggin. To read more about them, here is a link to their Blog. I am hoping to raise at least $500. This would only take 38 people donating a dollar a mile- $13.10. They are a wonderful, strong family who has endured so much with smiles and hope. I hope that you will help me reach my goal!! noahsnoggin.blogspot.com

I am so touched by her thoughtfulness and by all of our friends. When I got home last night, I was wondering why my neighbor Mark was running up onto my porch. And I thought it was funny that my neighbor Martin was coming out of his garage. They were all coming for us. All of the comments here and support we receive in person, on the phone, and through FaceBook is what keeps us strong. Thank you all so much. Love--Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment