Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Home at Last!

After 3 1/2 weeks out of our house, we are finally home! The construction on our home is still not complete, we had painters here on Friday, cleaning people here yesterday. We are still waiting (and waiting) on the electrician, fence-guy, and landscapers to help bring this disaster to a close. We hope by the end of this week. The good news is we have walls again and air quality tests came back clean. So, no toxic mold for us!

Noah is happy to be home. Our first day back he just sat and played in his bedroom for about 2 hours, by himself, completely content. He had a bad day on the 4th, with 8 seizures. That is a record for the most in one day. He didn't even have a chance to eat. He'd have a seizure, sleep for 45 minutes, wake up and in 20 minutes, have another seizure. We took him to our neighbors' to play in their pool and he did that for about 5 minutes and then just wanted to sit in my lap (all wet, of course).

On August 17th Noah and I will be checking in to the hospital for 3 days for his video EEG. I am trying to line up lots of visits to pass the time while we are there. Did I mention there is a Starbucks in the lobby? So, if you need coffee anyway why not just come up Pill Hill to get it? And the sky tram? Remember that? It goes right up to Dornebecher Children's Hospital. That's fun right?

I'll keep you all updated and promise to be a better blogger now that we are home, I promise. --Amy

2 comments:

  1. I guess your mom told you I was wanting an update, huh. I'll come see you guys in the hospital (in spirit anyway). Did you get the insurance to pay for it all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Blue Cross which will pay 70%. We are still waiting to hear if he qualified for Medicaid. Most kids who qualify for disability do, but it's run state by state and state budgets are terrible right now, so I'm not sure they'll have the money to add him. The hospital though does tons of fundraisers and I read on their web site something like 40% of their provided services they at least partially pay for, so we can apply for that assistance if we need to.

    ReplyDelete